A society where all animals are free of human abuse and exploitation.
- Improving animal well-being by connecting it with science in order to transform human attitudes and behaviour towards animals.
- Promoting the inclusion of animal well-being and advocacy in mainstream academic, political and cultural circles.
- Cultivating a new generation of scientivists for animals.
- Partnering with organisations working towards similar goals.
What makes AnimalWise unique?
There are many organisations dedicated to animal well-being but hardly none have as their charter the integration of scientific knowledge and animal advocacy (the scientivism) to bring about sustainable change in our relationship with animals.
We are not:
- Animal Welfare – Our work centers on eliminating exploitation and abuse of animals and transforming society towards sustainable human-animal relationships rather than on enhancing well-being within existing systems of use.
- Human-Animal Studies – AnimalWise moves beyond the strictly academic study of human-animal relationships. We are committed to real-world animal issues and applications of academic work.
- Activists – We are scientivists, embracing an academic form of animal advocacy.